While in and around Askham & Helton there are many interesting places to visit and stay, we have compiled a list of some of the things you may be interested in! Be sure to let us know if you feel we have missed something!
Right in the centre of Askham, the fantastically well stocked village shop is the hub of activity in the area. The friendly
staff will help you out however they can during your time here.
Places to eat and drink and stay:
We have two great traditional pubs in Askham that serve good homecooked food and have an excellent range of local beers and also offer accommodation plus Askham Hall with its cafe and gardens open to the public during the day from February to November, and also a Michelin starred restaurant with rooms for evening meal and overnight stays
- The Punchbowl Inn(Askham) – www.punchbowlinnaskham.com
- The Queens Head (owned by Askham Hall) www.queenshead-askham.co.uk
- Askham Hall – www.askhamhall.co.uk
- Talbot House & Talbot House Studio. To book, visit www.lakedistrict-cottages.com
- Scales Farm Cottage – www.scalesfarmcottage.co.uk
- Widewath Barns – www.widewathfarm.co.uk
- Lowther Holiday Park – camping and lodges www.lowther-holidaypark.co.uk
What to do in the area:
- Lowther Castle – castle ruins, cafe, gardens and childrens adventure playground – www.lowthercastle.org
- Children’s walking story trail maps- www.taletrails.co.uk